Documents required to be provided by Customer to Vconsult Law Firm
The documentation proving that the geographicalindication is being protected in the country of that geographicalindication if the overseas geographicalindication.
The description of properties / quality / fame of the product bearing the geographical indication, including the following information (enclosed with the documentation of information related to the properties / quality / fame of the product)
- List of typical properties / quality of the product bearing the geographical indication determined under the norms of physical, chemical, biological qualitative, quantitative sense and showing the possibility of bng checked by technological equipments or experts through the certain methods.
- Fame of the product bearing the geographical indication determined through its popularization in the consumer community and showing the possibility of being verified for the truth.
- Information related to the geographical conditions which form the typical properties / quality and fame of the product bearing the geographical indication, including the specific meteorological, hydrographical, geological, terrain, eco-system factors and other natural conditions; specific factors of skills and technique of the producers, including the local traditional production process if this process is the decisive factor creating and maintaining the typical properties / quality and fame of the product bearing the geographical indication.
- The relation between typical properties / quality and fame of the product bearing the geographical indication and the geographical conditions.
Map of the gegraphical area correlative to the geographical indication – 02 copies
Form of geographical indication presentation (not larger than 80mm x 80mm and not smaller than 15mm x 15mm)
Process of geological indication registration
Submission of geographical indication document
- Holding the entity of an intellectual property representative and being authorized by the Customer, Viet An Law will make the direct transaction with the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam to fulfill all of the procedures such as compilation of documents, submission of documents, fees, charges for geographical indication registration, progress supervision, reply as well as receipt and transfer of the protection Certificate to the Customer
Duration of geographical indication registration
- Not later than 01 month since the submission date, the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam will release the notice of form test (This notice may by the approval if the application for geographical indication contains no form-related error).
- Not later than 02 months since the notice of form test, the application will be announced on the Official Gazette of Industrial Property.
- Not later than 06 months since the announcement of industrial property, the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam will announce the result of application content consideration. Not later than 01 month since the date of Notice of consideration result which details that the geographical indication meets the protection standards, the Certificate will be issued to the applicant.
- Besides, the additional time is available for the applicant to qualify the form or submit the complaint against the content consideration notice released by the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Validity of the protection Certificate
The Certificate is considered valid throughout Vietnam. The Certificate of geographical indication registration is considered effective termlessly since the issuance date.
The owner of Certificate of geographical indication registration is of the State.